Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not done yet :)

A little while back, i wrote this little poem. It was one of those things that just exploded at my fingertips and i forgot to put it on here. so here you go :)

Checkmate
By: Kirena Allen :)

Sometimes,
I sit here and wait for you to make your move.
Wrestling with possibilities,
I wonder what path you'll take.
To put it in simple terms,
one move will bring you closer,
and the other takes you just out of reach.
Time after time,
I've watched you sit in silence,
a silence that screams at my memories
to fade away and be forgotten.
Once again,
you take another step back,
the result of doing nothing,
putting yet another square between us.
As if we need more distance.
Living a lie of maybe,
high hopes begin to fade as your figure stands still.
Another day passes.
Another step back.
And another.
Holding on tight,
I squint trying to catch a glimpse,
imagine a sign,
recognize a clue,
distinguish a hint.
Silence.
That's when i realize,
you're just a pawn.
And here I was, thinking i was aiming at a king.

Happy new year, love.

1 comment:

Cindy Lou said...

That is incredible! It gave me chills :) Wow very well written.